One Visit Crowns in Colorado Springs
Pine Creek Dental, with our Colorado Springs Dentist, has its own CEREC lab. This means you can have your crown completed in one visit!
What is CEREC?
CEREC is a machine that uses CAD/CAM technology to manufacture crowns for dental patients in just one day. Using a 3D photograph of your teeth and mouth, Dr. Thompson is able to create the perfect crown for you.
Our CEREC Procedure
Dr. Thompson and his team utilize a state-of-the-art CEREC laboratory where they perform a fast and efficient process:
- Examination – Dr. Thompson will examine problematic areas in order to determine the best method of restoration (crown or simple filling depending on the extent of decay/damage).
- Tooth Preparation – This step involves applying a local anesthetic and prepping the tooth for restoration by removing decayed or weakened tooth tissue.
- Optical Impression – Dr. Thompson then takes a digital picture of the tooth, a process that only takes about 2 minutes. The image is uploaded to the CEREC machine which uses it to create a 3D image of the tooth.
- Restoration Creation – Dr. Thompson enters the necessary data for the CEREC machine to craft a perfectly-fitting restoration for the tooth in a matter of minutes.
- Application – The restoration is placed on your tooth in which it is bonded into place perfectly without altering your bite.
Benefits of our one visit crowns include…
- Time savings – A typical crown visit to Pine Creek Dental means you come in one time and leave with a finished crown. Traditional crowns take at least two trips and require you to wear a temporary for weeks, but with One-Visit Crowns, your needs can be met in a shorter period of time.
- Less Shots – Because you make only one visit, you experience less anesthetic injections.
- Saves Tooth Structure - We can often use a partial coverage for restoration versus a full conventional crown.
- Stronger – Pine Creek Dental uses Milled ceramic which is stronger than hand layered and pressed ceramic. The material has some properties that make it very suitable for use in dental restorations. It expands and contracts in response to temperature changes at a rate approximately half-way between those of enamel and dentin. It also wears away at approximately the same rate as actual enamel.
- Beautiful – Homogeneous porcelain blends in better than other porcelains.
- Digitally Designed - Computer generated model means a tighter seal around the tooth, and a longer lasting crown.